Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Gingersnap 3rd Annual Copper, Ginger, Rust


This is my first time entering in the Gingersnap Creations annual challenge. But I must say, that I love the color rust! So that is what I went with. I knew I wanted to use my Really Rust paper by SU. So I made a little purse using a cool technique with distress inks. I have looked for a video, or demo on it, but can't find one, so I'll just tell you! I covered my top note die cut with vintage photo ink. I really put a lot on there. Then I took a large background stamp, and spritzed it with water, not too much! Then I stamped the wet stamp into the ink. When you dry it, you get a really cool faux bleached look. Now when I got one piece done, I was pleased, and thought this stamp image gave a tooled leather look. How perfect, since I was making a purse! Then it reminded me of a purse I have, an old tooled leather one that I picked up at a garage sale. So I mimicked the stiching on mine, and darkened the edges with more di. Cool! The handle is made from May Arts ribbon folded in half. As I was making this a song came on the radio from ABBA(from the 70's!) Dancing Queen. It reminded me of Annette because she's been talking about her dance moves for the Annual Party over at the Gingers! So here's to you Annette, You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life! you Dancing Queen! :) Check out the rest of the entries at the link above, and thanks for looking in!!

12 comments:

Terry said...

Wow! This is quite the wonderful creation! Love this most amazing handbag!

Crafting Queen said...

This is a wonderful creation!!

Valerie-Jael said...

This is totally coooooooool!

Netty said...

Oooh this is amazing, it will definitely go with my rig out and party shoes, but methinks I shall have to be a bit more refined with my dancing if everyone is going to see these amazing creations. Am sure all the other Gingersnappers are going to be sooooooooo jealous when they see me with your wonderful bag and purse..... so off we go to circulate, bag clutched in my hand. Thank you for playing with us at the party......is there any money inside.......lol
Annette xx

Emily Keaton said...

Pam, this is amazing!!! Wow, that really does look just like hand-tooled leather. What a neat technique you used. I'll have to give that a try!! Great creation. I hope you win. :)

cheryl said...

oh wow hun,you really have pulled out all the stops with this one,its just brilliant,that bag looks so life like hun,stunning work hugs cheryl xxxxxx

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Ohhhhh this is FABULOUS....you have certainly fulfilled the challenge. Thanks for entering the Gingersnaps Creations challenge. Suzanne B

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wow! This is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and imaginative project! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

finishline88 said...

Would love to try this one!!! I think I will be trying this technique this weekend!!! Thanks Pam, beautiful creations!!!

Gio said...

Your rusty purse is so lovely!

trisha too said...

Really an amazing piece--congratulations on being chosen a Ginger Gem for your fab rusty handbag!!

:)