Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mini Basket Tutorial

I thought I would show a quick tutorial of the mini basket that I will have at my workshop next week. I would have done a video, but my camera and computer are not cooperating! These are quite easy and quick, so I hope you will enjoy!
Start with a 6x6 inch piece of DP, and score at 2 inches and 4 inches. Turn the paper 90 degrees, and score again at the same 2 and 4 inches. This paper I used is from a 6x6 paper pad by Lily Bee Designs.
Since this paper is not double sided, I randomly stamped flowers in 3 colors from the new Ippity set Friends+Flowers=Priceless set. Then you will need to cut on the score lines as shown in the pic on 2 sides only. Fold on all score lines.
Once folded, bring the 2 outside pieces together and join the corners. Keep the middle panel to the inside as shown. Staple all 3 layers together. Do this on both sides.
Cut a strip of the same DP 1/2 inch by 6 inches. Attach to the inside of the basket with glue dots as shown. I stamped the sentiment in red, and punched it out with my EK Success label punch. I sponged around the edges with blue ink. I attached the label to the basket with foam squares.
And the last step, I stamped another flower in red, and fussy cut around it. I attached a button with some twine in it, and used foam squares to attach to the basket.
These would make cute party favors too. Fill with candies in a cello bag. Hope some of you make these cute little gifts! Thanks for lookin in!



5 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

These are adorable, Pam!! Thanks so much for the tutorial. I love this idea!

Meggymay said...

Thankyou for sharing the instructions, it a real pretty basket. Yvonne x

cheryl said...

this is one great tutorial hun love the box,you made its so pretty hugs cheryl xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh my, love these baskets and the new ippity set is perfect to decorate with! Love it.

lisa a.

jennifer mitten said...

This is adorable! Thanks for sharing...