Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Working With Vellum



The card I'm sharing today shows how I embossed, with clear powder, a piece of vellum. Vellum has been around the paper crafting world for quite awhile, and I haven't really used it very much. Stampin' Up! has sold it for just about as long, so I decided to try it out again.

After I embossed it, I added some soft coloring to the back with the Stampin' Write markers. The card base was stamped with the retired hostess set, Simply Sketched in Blackberry Bliss, as well as the sentiment from the current Four You stamp set. A small bit of designer paper behind the vellum from the Moonlight stack to make the embossing show up a bit more. And I did sew on my machine the two pieces together, haven't done that in ages!!!

A few punched flowers, and done. I do want to play with the vellum again soon, maybe dry embossing it. Love that look too!! Thanks so much for having a look today!!

2 comments:

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous card, I have some vellum in a drawer, must use it again.
Yvonne xx

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful card and great job with the vellum!