Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

Paisley Birthday

I was suppose to put myself on a shopping hold, and not buy stamps for awhile, but I found this brand new stamp company called Joy Clair and fell for this beautiful stamp set called Paisley Bouquet.

I don't have any other stamps like this, so I didn't feel guilty buying it! :) I stamped this image with black memento ink onto whisper white card stock from Stampin Up. This card stock works wonderfully with alcohol markers, which is what I used to color this with.

Some retired Blendabilitites, and Promarkers were used. I followed the same colors that came on the package of stamps. I think it looks quite pretty.

I don't have a fancy label die of any kind. So I decided to cut this out using my Creative Memories cutting system. For the outside frame, I made my own.
I traced around the oval with a pencil, then using another flower image from this set, stamped all around it just overlapping a little each time.

Then I fussy cut all around it, and it made a pretty backing for my main image. The sentiment I stamped and punched, then sponged the edges a bit. My Mom's birthday is today, so I will give her this.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a creative day!!
Pam

3 comments:

Meggymay said...

I can see why you liked this stamp, it is beautiful. Love your details and the fussy cut layer.
Yvonne xx

Unknown said...

Beautifully colored stamped image. Love the design! Seeing the CM oval cutting system sparked some happy memories. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Beautifully colored stamped image. Love the design! Seeing the CM oval cutting system sparked some happy memories. Thanks for sharing.