Pages

Monday, October 3, 2016

Sunflower



I was happy to see this sunflower stamp that is in the Sept. KOTM from Unity, I don't have any other stamps like this, and it's perfect for fall.

I wanted the look of a no line image, so I stamped it with MFT Safety Orange ink, and colored it with Daffodil Delight alcohol markers from SU!, that are no longer available. Once I was done coloring, the flower petals kind of disappeared, so I went back over them with the darkest marker to make them show up.

The flower center I colored with 3 Letraset alcohol markers, and just dotted the color in, instead of coloring it fully. Was trying to get a little dimension, and I think it turned out well.

I used the paper backing that came on this rubber stamp as a mask, and sponged two distress inks around it. I also stamped just a little around the flower with an Itty Bitty stamp called Paris Newsprint.

The sentiment is from the Aug. KOTM, and I cut it apart, I like that look for larger words. The background paper is retired from SU!, and all is mounted on a Crushed Curry card base.

Getting ready for Fall mailing, now I just have to remember to actually mail them out! :)
Thanks so much for visiting!

1 comment:

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card, it so looks like a water colour painting. When I read how you used the stamp, it is a super idea.
Yvonne xx