Pages

Friday, December 9, 2016

Mixing The Old With The New


I took advantage of the Cyber week deals and ordered a few things from Sizzix and Stampin Up. The 'wreath' is  a new to me Alterations die that I cut in two different colors for dimension. I like it's fun scribbly look. The branches were die cut from my older Tattered Pinecone  Bigz die from new Stampin Up papers in a green pattern. I die cut two with the paper right side up, then cut two with them facing down so they would be uniform on both sides. Before gluing them down, I looped my new red shimmer thread all around the top. The berries are brads that I have had a long time, and just snipped the prongs off the backs. This is all layered onto a die cut rectangle from Avery Elle that I have had.

The red panel is from the same new paper pack, and I embossed it with a Sizzix snowflake folder that I have had for many years. Everything is attached to a tan card base that I sponged. I wanted to use some older stamp sets that never get any use, so I got out this Lawn Fawn set called Ornate Ornaments and used the cute sentiment. This is one of the first Lawn Fawn sets I purchased about 5 years or so ago.

I did decorate the inside as well, using some more older and out of business stamps from Market Street Stamps(I still miss them!) I am pleased with this card, and was happy to get out my older neglected supplies.

Thanks so much for visiting, have a wonderful weekend! 


1 comment:

Meggymay said...

Its a wonderful design, your new goodies look great. We all love bargains.
Yvonne xx