Pages

Friday, December 23, 2016

One Last Gift


I made one last gift for my cousin in Florida. It will not arrive before Christmas, but I think she will like it just the same. She loves feathers and the peace, love hippie vibe(me too!)

I shared in my last post all the gifts I made for coworkers. Well, most of the 5x7 frames still had the glass and backing on them, and of course I kept them all for other projects! So the base of this is a frame back with the easel still intact. Perfect for paper art display!

I stamped this feather from a Donna Downey Unity kit on white card. I colored it with bright alcohol markers because I knew I wanted a vellum layer on top. The peace sign from Stampin Up was inked in matching colors and stamped randomly about.

I glued both layers down on the frame back and added some lace trim. The sentiment from Unity was stamped and die cut, and popped up on the bottom.

I have lots more of these frame backs to play with, along with the glass too. Haven't thought of a project for the glass pieces yet, but I will!!

Have a wonderful and Merry Christmas!!


1 comment:

Meggymay said...

This is another fantastic idea, to use the pieces left from the frame.
Happy Christmas Pam to you and your family and my very best wishes to you all for the coming New Year.
Yvonne xx